Youth & Junior Elite Holiday Training Camp
Athletes Race Age 11-18 preparing for the 2017 ITU & USAT Draft-Legal Season
Join the Playtri High Performance Team coaches this December for four days of intensive training and education geared towards young triathletes ages 11-18 who are preparing for the 2017 ITU and USAT junior elite racing series. This is an opportunity for athletes to not only learn from experienced pro and ITU athletes and coaches, but also to experience the joy of training alongside like-minded athletes.
Morning of December 28th - Afternoon of December 30th, 2016
Detailed schedule available below
Playtri McKinney Training Facility
7951 Collin McKinney Pkwy, McKinney, TX 75070
This camp is intended for competitive youth and junior athletes with the goal of preparing for the 2017 ITU and USAT junior race series. Athletes should anticipate challenging training sessions geared towards this level of competition. This camp is not intended for casual participants, or athletes new to the sport. If you are unsure if this program is right for your child, please don't hesitate to email email@example.com with any questions.
The camp will have a full schedule designed to get the most out of the available time, and will include:
- Functional strength and mobility instruction
- Bike FTP testing
- Group rides and runs
- Breakout sessions
- Triathlon specific swim workouts
- Vasa and swim-specific strength training
- ITU video race analysis and strategy discussion
- Lectures on nutrition, recovery, effective training systems, open water strategy and more
- Optional Swim analysis in the Endless Pool
- Optional discounted Retul bike fit session
- Ahmed Zaher - Former ITU Short Course professional athlete (Egypt - 2012 African Olympic Trials, 8th place), 8-time Kona finisher, Olympic Freestyle Swim Qualifier
- Morgan Johnson Hoffman - USAT Level II and Youth & Juniors Certified Coach, USAT High Performance Team Head Coach, ASCA Coach Member, Former Team USA member (Short Course AG World Championship, Beijing 2011)
- Mohamed El-Saied - ITU Short Course professional athlete (Egypt), 2015 U23 Aquathlon World Championship Silver Medalist
Camp cost is $299 - athletes can also select a meal plan for $50 upon registration that will include three snacks, three lunches and two dinners.
Homestays are available - please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Refunds and Transfers
There will be no refunds for this event. In the case of a cancellation, event directors may choose to refund fees, or transfer them to another event. Requests for individual transfers will be considered and decided on a case-to-case basis.
High Performance Teams
Coaches, please email email@example.com with any questions, or if athletes from your team are interested in attending. We are respectful of the fact that you are managing a long-term plan for your athletes, and we hope that our camp can be an effective part of your plan.
Camp is limited to 20 athletes and registration will be first come/first serve - please register early if your athlete plans to attend!