Youth & Junior Elite Holiday Training Camp
Athletes Race Age 11-18 preparing for the 2016 ITU & USAT Draft-Legal Season
Join the Playtri High Performance Team coaches this December for four days of intensive training and education geared towards young triathletes ages 11-18 who are preparing for the 2016 ITU and USAT junior elite racing series. This is an opportunity for athletes to not only learn from experienced pro and ITU athletes and coaches, but also to experience the joy of training alongside like-minded athletes.
Afternoon of December 27th - Morning of December 30th, 2015
Detailed schedule available below
Playtri McKinney Training Facility
7951 Collin McKinney Pkwy, McKinney, TX 75070
This camp is intended for competitive youth and junior athletes with the goal of preparing for the 2016 ITU and USAT junior race series. Athletes should anticipate challenging training sessions geared towards this level of competition. This camp is not intended for casual participants. If you are unsure if this program is right for your child, please don't hesitate to email email@example.com with any questions.
The camp will have a full schedule designed to get the most out of the available time, and will include:
- Functional strength and mobility assessment
- Bike FTP testing (using USAT Junior Benchmark protocol)
- Bike fit
- Group rides
- Gait analysis
- Brick runs
- Criterium race clinic
- Optional Swim analysis in the Endless Pool
- Triathlon specific swim workouts
- Vasa and swim-specific strength training
- ITU video race analysis and strategy discussions
- Power-based trainer workouts
- Lectures on ITU race strategy, recovery methods and mental training
- Duathlon criterium
Click Here for a new article by Director/Head Coach Morgan Hoffman on some of the triathlon-specific swim technique athletes will be learning at this camp.
- Ahmed Zaher - Former ITU Short Course Pro athlete (Egypt - 2012 African Olympic Trials, 8th place), 8-time Kona finisher, Olympic Freestyle Swim Qualifier, USAT Level I Certified Coach
- Morgan Johnson Hoffman - USAT Level II and Youth & Juniors Certified Coach, USAT High Performance Team Head Coach, ASCA Coach Member, Former Team USA member (Short Course AG World Championship, Beijing 2011)
- Amari Holmes - Kona finisher, Ironman 70.3 World Championship finisher, Former Team USA member, USAT All-American 2010-2013, NASM certified Personal Trainer, Corrective Exercise and Performance Enhancement Specialist, USAT Level I Coach
- Gerald Jackson - 4-time Ironman finisher, 4-time Boston qualifier/finisher, Former Team USA member (ITU Long Course and Short Course AG World Championships), 3-time Ironman 70.3 World Championship finisher, USAT Level I Coach
- Lauren Stephens - Guest coach, Team TIBCO professional cyclist, Team USA Rio 2016 Olympic Games Long Road Team
- Mat Stephens - Guest coach
- Lara Sormunen - Assistant coach, Team Playtri Elite alum, USAT Junior Elite Series alum, Marymount Saints NCAA Women's Varsity Triathlon Team
Dr. Camille Reagan - Sports Medicine Diplomate (DACBSP) holder (highest level of specialization in chiropractic sports through American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians), Certified Chiropractic Extremity Practitioner (CCEP), Certified Graston/Myofascial Release/FAKTR-PM and dry needling provider. In 2007, Costa Rica appointed Dr. Reagan to serve as a member of their medical team for the Pan American Games and the following year she was asked to join Colombia’s medical team for the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing. In 2009, she was honored to join the Performance Staff of the USA Triathlon Team and continues to provide services for the Elite team during their World Cup Championship races.
Camp cost is $149, and includes some meals
Homestays are available - please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details
Refunds and Transfers
There will be no refunds for this event. In the case of a cancellation, event directors may choose to refund fees, or transfer them to another event. Requests for individual transfers will be considered and decided on a case-to-case basis.
High Performance Teams
Coaches, please email email@example.com with any questions, or if athletes from your team are interested in attending. We are respectful of the fact that you are managing a long-term plan for your athletes, and we hope that our camp can be an effective part of your plan.
If you prefer not to register online you can mail in your registration by downloading the following form and mailing it to the provided address with a check for $149 made out to Playtri: