- Performance Center
- Playtri Store
- Adult Triathlons
- Historic McKinney Kiwanis Sprint March 23rd
- KING TUT Sprint & My First April 13th
- Playtri Festival Races May 31-June 1
- Dirty Rock Off-Road July 20th
- TollTag Sprint July 27th
- Rockwall Kiwanis Tri-Rock Sprint Aug 3rd
- Take on the Heat Aug 17th
- Denison Red River Rampage Sept 20th - 21st
- Stonebridge Ranch Sprint and Olympic Sept 28th
- Youth Triathlons
- Run Races
- Swim Across America June 7th
- Race Sponsors
- Race Production Services
- Official Charity Partner
- Adult Triathlons
Lake Tahoe Platinum Iron Camp :: June 27th - June 30th :: Lake Tahoe, CA
The Playtri Lake Tahoe Platinum Iron Camp is a triathlon training program designed for training on the new Ironman Lake Tahoe course in Lake Tahoe, CA, and caters to athletes of all abilities. Iron distance open water swimming, ride through the scenic IM Lake Tahoe bike course, and run on portions of the race course. The camp will be approximately three and a half days of intense training and education.
This camp targets the long course athlete but is an excellent opportunity to gain insightful training and knowledge of open water swimming, biking, running, transitions and race nutrition for any distance race. The camp is designed for the beginner to advanced level triathlete.
Platinum Camp Includes:
- 1 on 1 personalized Nutrition Consultation covering training and race nutrition.
- 2 on 1 Open Water Swim Analysis.
- Personalized Strength Training Plan
- Limited to 15 Participants
Support and sag will be provided on the swim, bike and run courses.
No Refunds or Transfers.
Additional Coaching Services/Testing
One on one sessions, Heart Rate Zones through lactic testing, VO2 Max, Caloric Expenditure by Heart Rate with carbohydrate/fat % testing, triathlon specific bike fitting and triathlon specific weight programs with any coaches are available before, during or after the camp. Contact email@example.com for more information.
All Campers are required to send a 7 day food log to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to Thursday June, 27th.
The camp will be USAT sanctioned. You must be a USAT annual member or purchase a one day membership to participate in the camp. A one day membership can be purchased on your arrival to the camp.
Bike Shop Services
If you need your Bike Reassembled or a Tune up, please use the official Bike Shop of Lake Tahoe Platinum Iron Camp:
The Olympic Bike Shop
620 N. Lake Blvd.
Tahoe City, CA
Reno International Airport (approximately 45-70 minute drive to Lake Tahoe)
You will need to arrive in Lake Tahoe by Wednesday Evening. The airlines that service the Reno airport are Alaska Airlines, American, America West, United, Delta, Frontier, Horizon and Southwest
The Village at Squaw Valley
1750 Village East Rd
Squaw Valley, CA 96146
Call 866-818-6963 ask for the Platinum Camp or the Playtri Room Rate, or
Get a 5% Playtri Discount when renting a car Click Here
- 7:00am - 7:30am Check-In
- 7:30am - 8:00am Welcome/What to Expect
- 8:30am - 9:00am Core Workout & Open Water Swim Dry Warm Up
- 9:00am -9:45am Open Water Swim
- 10:00am - 3:00pm Bike IM Tahoe Course (emphasis on legal drafting & nutrition)
- 4:00pm - 5:00pm Lecture – Foods for Performance & Recovery
- 5:00pm - 9:00pm Nutrition 1 on 1’s (campers wanting to partake will provide a 7 day food log and race goals to Coach Morris prior to the camp)
- 8:00am - 8:45am Core Work and Dynamic Warm Up/Stretching
- 9:00am - 9:45am Open Water Swim
- 9:30am - 2:30pm Bike Course (emphasis on cadence, drafting, body positions)
- 1:45pm - 3:45pm (overlap is for the faster riders that may want to run longer)
Run drills, run form, run course using a W2,3,4 etc
- 5:15pm - 6:15pm Group Strength training assessment (each camper will receive a you tube video with a specific wkout for their individual needs after the camp)
- 7:00pm - 9:00pm Group Dinner w/ Coaches
- 7:00am - 11:00am Bike course w/emphasis on hill training
- 11:30am - 2:30pm Run course drills (coaches watching for form breakdown when fatigued)
- 3:30pm - 4:30pm Lecture - Race Week/Race Day Nutrition Strategies
- 4:30pm - 5:30pm Special Lecture (as polled from sign up)
- 7:00am - 8:00am Optional functional balance/core training
- 8:00am - 9:00am Optional Trail Run
- 9:15am - 9:45am Wrap Up