- Performance Center
- Playtri Store
- Adult Triathlons
- Youth Triathlons
- Run Races
- Swim Across America June 7th
- Race Sponsors
- Race Production Services
Iron Texas Triathlon Camp :: April 3rd-April 6th, 2014 :: The Woodlands, TX
The Playtri Iron Texas Camp is a triathlon training program designed for training on the new Ironman Texas course in the Woodlands, TX, and caters to athletes of all abilities. Iron distance open water swimming, bike through the scenic, rolling farmland of east Texas and run on parts of the course.
The camp will be approximately three and a half (3.5) days of intense training and education and will culminate with the Lonestar 70.3 or Aquabike race. What a great final hard training week to prepare you for the upcoming Texas Ironman or any A race in 2013!
This camp targets the long course athletes but is an excellent opportunity to gain insightful training and knowledge of open water swimming, biking, running, transitions and race nutrition for any distance race. The camp is designed for the beginner to advanced level triathlete.
Support and sag will be provided on the swim, bike and run courses.
No Refunds or Transfers.
Additional Coaching Services/Testing
One on one sessions, Heart Rate Zones through lactic testing, VO2 Max, Caloric Expenditure by Heart Rate with carbohydrate/fat % testing, triathlon specific bike fitting and triathlon specific weight programs with any coaches are available before, during or after the camp. Contact email@example.com for more information.
The camp will be USAT sanctioned. You must be a USAT annual member or purchase a one day membership to participate in the camp. A one day membership can be purchased on your arrival to the camp.
Drury Inn & Suites Houston The Woodlands
28099 I-45 NORTH THE WOODLANDS, TX 77380
Telephone: (281) 362-7222
Rate $99.95 use code: 2159493 & Mention you are with Playtri.
Get a 5% Playtri Discount when renting a car Click Here
Thursday, April 3rd
- 4:00pm – 5:00m Easy Warm-Up Run
- 6:00pm - 6:30am Athlete Welcome/What to Expect @ Drury Inn
- 6:30pm – 7:00pm Camp Intro and Overview
- 7:00pm - 8:00pm Fuel Basics– Coach Morris
- 8:00pm – 8:30pm Review of the Next Day and Questions
Friday, April 4th
- 7:00am - 9:00am Open Water Swim Clinic
- 10:00am – 3:00pm Bike IM Texas Course
- 4:00pm - 6:00pm – Run and/or Run Drills
- 6:00pm – 6:30pm Review of the Day and What to Expect the Next Day
Saturday, April 5th
- 7:00am - 4:00pm Bike on IM Texas Course
- 4:00pm – 6:00pm Free Time
- 6:00pm – 6:30pm Nutrition Follow-Up and Questions at Drury Inn
- 6:30pm – 7:15pm Get the Most BANG for Your Training Buck
- 7:30pm – 8:00pm Leave the Pack Behind
Sunday, April 6th
***TWO OPTIONS FOR SUNDAY***
Option 1: TRAIN
- 7:00am – 8:30am Open Water Swim Clinic
- 10:00am– 1:00pm Bike Woodlands Course
- 2:00pm – 4:00pm Run and/or Run Drills
Option 2: RACE
- 5:00am – 1:00pm Lonestar 70.3 or Aquabike (entry fees not included in Camp price)