Team Playtri Registration and Trials Week
Off-Season Session 2016-2017
Welcome to Team Playtri!
Whether you are a returning Team Playtri family or just joining, we look forward to welcoming you to our programs for the upcoming Off-Season Session. The Off-Season Session is focused on:
- Skills and fundamentals - technique over hard efforts
- General fitness and conditioning - foundational strength and movement to build on in the season
In general, athletes who are on a specific team for the Off-Season Session will remain on that team for the Spring Session since the focus is on building a foundation for the season, not necessarily increasing short-term speed. Because we adhere to the American Development Model, we treat the off-season as the off-season and let athletes use it as an opportunity to make gains in areas other than speed and speed endurance that will ultimately lead to greater success in the coming years.
Off-Season Session Dates
October 17, 2016 - January 22, 2017
Please note athletes will not have practices the following weeks during the Off-Season Session:
- November 21-27, 2016 (Thanksgiving)
- December 19, 2016 - January 1, 2017 (Christmas/New Year's)
STEPS FOR REGISTRATION
- New to the program? Attend a New Family Info Meeting at your location (Info Meetings complete for Off-Season)
- RSVP for trials week by Sunday, September 25th using the form below (Trials Week complete for Off-Season - if your athlete did not participate in Trials Week and still wants to participate in the Off-Season Session please email email@example.com by October 15th)
- Participate in the trial sessions designated to your athlete's age, location and ability level.
- Check email for team placement.
- Complete online registration through our TeamUnify platform between October 3rd and 16th. Make sure you note your account information for future billing updates and adjustments!
- Attend your parent/athlete team meeting (and make sure you have all the necessary equipment)
- Take your athlete to their first practice - we can't wait to help them grow in our favorite sport!
Off-Season Session Costs
- Blue Team Programs - $500/session (or four payments of $125)
- Silver, Gold and Juniors Team Programs - $600/session (or four payments of $150)
- Elite F1 Program - $800/session (or four payments of $200)
- Elite Distance Program* - $200/month (email firstname.lastname@example.org for details)
- Elite National Team Program* - $100-300/month
- McKinney Teams Pool Fee - $75/athlete/session
- All Teams - 2 parent/guardian volunteer hours per athlete/session
*Please note, athletes who wish to compete with Team Playtri Elite in the 2017 competitive season MUST participate in the Off-Season Session as a Team Playtri Elite athlete.
Join Our Email List!
Sign up for our weekly e-blast to get the latest updates on schedules, tryouts, upcoming events and more:
All Team Playtri parents are required to sign and return the Playtri Parent Pledge in order for their athlete to participate in the program. Please bring the completed Pledge to your team meeting or first practice.
Tentative Off-Season Session Practice Schedule*
*Please note, this schedule is still subject to change prior to the beginning of the Summer Session.