Coach Eric was a competitive swimmer for 20 years before switching to a triathlon focus in 2012. Prior to switching his focus in 2012, Coach Eric held a long list of competitive swimming accomplishments, including:
- Multiple State Championships at Texas Age Group Swimming (TAGS)
- Four years of varsity swimming at Jesuit College Prep, where he broke 5 school records
- Multiple State titles in the TCIL conference
- One year as a D1 collegiate swimmer at Oakland University, prior to becoming a walk-on swim athlete at SMU in Dallas
Eric served in the US Navy for 6 years with the Naval Special Warfare Boat Team Twenty Two prior to returning to civilian life and triathlon in 2012. Coach Eric is currently in the process of working to earn his Elite License with USA Triathlon. He has competed in ITU Age Group World Championships in 2016 and 2017, which another Championship event scheduled for this Fall in Australia.
- Playtri Certified Coach
- ASCA Certified Summer Swim Coach