Youth & Junior Elite Holiday Training Camp
Athletes Race Age 11-18 preparing for the 2018 ITU & USAT Draft-Legal Season
Join the Playtri High Performance Team coaches this December for four days of intensive training and education geared towards young triathletes ages 11-18 who are preparing for the 2018 ITU and USAT junior elite racing series. This is an opportunity for athletes to not only learn from experienced pro and ITU athletes and coaches, but also to experience the joy of training alongside like-minded athletes.
December 27th - December 30th, 2017
Detailed schedule available below
Playtri McKinney Training Facility
7951 Collin McKinney Pkwy, McKinney, TX 75070
This camp is intended for competitive youth and junior athletes with the goal of preparing for the 2018 ITU and USAT junior race series. Athletes should anticipate challenging training sessions geared towards this level of competition. This camp is not intended for casual participants, or athletes new to the sport. If you are unsure if this program is right for your child, please don't hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
The camp will have a full schedule designed to get the most out of the available time, and will include:
- Nutrition Lecture (we embrace a balanced macronutrient/whole foods diet approach)
- Introduction to proper movement patterns in resistance training
- Introduction to posture and mobility for developing triathletes - rolling, stretching, and more
- Cycling skills clinic(s) with an emphasis on draft-legal/circuit-style competition
- Run drills
- Run form video analysis
- Group runs (trail and road)
- Group rides (road)
- Introduction to sport science as it applies to developing endurance athletes (yes, we keep it at their level!)
- Three Ways to Get Faster in Swimming Lecture (introduction to the concepts of frontal drag, propulsion and inertia in swimming)
- Freestyle form work and analysis at our indoor lap pool location
- Review of basic bike maintenance
- Optional FTP testing on Tacx trainers with the new Tacx Studio Software, which we have partnered with Tacx in developing
- Discounts on pro bike fits
- Ahmed Zaher - Former ITU Short Course professional athlete (Egypt - 2012 African Olympic Trials, 8th place), 8-time Kona finisher, Olympic Freestyle Swim Qualifier
- Morgan Johnson Hoffman - USAT Level II and Youth & Juniors Certified Coach, USAT High Performance Team Head Coach, ASCA Coach Member, Former Team USA member (Short Course AG World Championship, Beijing 2011)
- Mohamed El-Saied - ITU Short Course professional athlete and Project 2020 member (Egypt), 2015 U23 Aquathlon World Championship Silver Medalist
- Eric Gusa - Former D1 freestyle swimmer, Team USA member 2017/2018, three years of successful amateur draft-legal competition
- James Kennedy - Cat 3 Road Cyclist and mechanic
- Morgan Davis - Former D1 swimmer and track athlete, Team USA member 2018, Kona qualifier
Camp cost is $299 - athletes can also select a meal plan for $50 upon registration that will include three snacks, three lunches and two dinners.
Homestays may be available - please email email@example.com for details.
Refunds and Transfers
There will be no refunds for this event. In the case of a cancellation, event directors may choose to refund fees, or transfer them to another event. Requests for individual transfers will be considered and decided on a case-to-case basis.
High Performance Teams
Coaches, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, or if athletes from your team are interested in attending. We are respectful of the fact that you are managing a long-term plan for your athletes, and we hope that our camp can be an effective part of your plan. We are also happy to send any testing results, video, and other feedback to you following the event.
Camp is limited to 25 athletes and registration will be first come/first serve - please register early if your athlete plans to attend!