2018 Playtri Race Team
We are the Playtri Race Team. Our team represents the ideals of triathlon that Playtri embodies: health, fitness and a positive attitude towards life. Our diverse group of athletes have been hand selected by the team captains to represent Playtri in the triathlon community locally, nationally and internationally.
Looking to join a group of athletes that love the healthy lifestyle of triathlon? New to the sport and want to workout and race with others who enjoy triathlon? With the Playtri Silver Team, you will receive great discounts and offerings, as well as a supportive team to train with throughout the year. If you are looking for a good introduction to the sport and a great group of athletes to train with then this level is a good place to start!
Membership is $150/yr. Applications are accepted all year*
Silver Team BENEFITS
- 15% OFF bikes and wheels*
- 15% OFF bikes and wheels for friends and family (up to five)
- 15% OFF all Retail
- FREE SWAG and UNIFORM: Tri top, Bike jersey, Playtri t-shirt
- FREE TUNE UP every 6 months on Playtri Race Bike
- 1 Complimentary 30-minute swim analysis
- 4 FREE Complimentary races entries a year and 50% Discount OFF all the other Playtri produced races listed on Playtri website (certain restrictions apply).
- Complimentary Playtri Club membership
- Wear Playtri Friday-Sunday & to all group training/activities
- Must ride bike and wheels purchased from Playtri
- Volunteer at 2 triathlon events per year (DFW athletes are expected to volunteer at Playtri-sponsored events)
* In-house financing available.
Lifetime/Honorary Team Member
Playtri may grant the status of Lifetime/Honorary Membership in specific circumstances intended to reward triathletes who have an overarching role with Playtri and Playtri Racing Team.
Details available for the 2019 team in November 2018. information and application will be posted here.
Use Playtri team sponsorship to promote the highest caliber of health and wellness through triathlon and be a positive influence in the community.
2018 EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL PLAYTRI RACING ATHLETES
- Playtri commitment: Sponsorships will be given to a selected group of athletes that will represent Playtri, a dominating, national brand. It is expected that you will represent Playtri at all times, which will include, but is not limited to: (1) compete on a bike and wheels purchased at Playtri, (2) must not race for any other sponsored program.
- Team Apparel: Team apparel is to be worn during all events you compete in during the 2017 season. Playtri apparel must be worn to packet pick up/event expos you attend as well as all award ceremonies.
- Mandatory Races: In total, you will be expected to compete in FIVE regional races (Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, and Arkansas). Of the five mandatory races, three must be Playtri team races.
- Finish Races: You are expected to cross the finish line in your team uniform even if it means walking. The only exceptions should be severe injury or illness or mechanical failure beyond repair on the bike. Be an advocate of mind over matter!
- Volunteer: You will be expected to volunteer at two Playtri sponsored triathlon events during the 2018 season. The Playtri Racing Team seeks to give back to Playtri, the sport, race directors, and other athletes. We will organize several groups to give you the opportunity to volunteer or you can do so on your own. Get out and spread the word of health and fitness!
- Race Reporting: You will be expected to log all your races and volunteering on the Playtri Race Team website. This is necessary for USAT/WTC Ironman team rankings as well as determining eligibility for team standings and future membership.
- Team Commitment: Each athlete will be expected to participate in (1) monthly group workout/social activity, as well as giving back to the community. You will also be expected to lead one group activity and/or committee in 2018.
- Conduct: You are to conduct yourself with integrity, class, and respect at all times. You represent yourself, your team, Playtri, and the sport of triathlon when you are racing and training. You are expected to follow USAT standards and race regulations at all times during competition.
- Social Media: We would love to see the Playtri Team making a presence on all forms of media. All PR’s, podium finishes, and qualifications should be captured and highlighted as much as possible. Please use Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, blogs, etc. to celebrate your successes!
- USAT Membership: Supporting the triathlon community at the local, regional, and national levels is one of the primary goals of the team.Team members must hold a current USA Triathlon annual membership. Visit the USA Triathlon website for more information on becoming an annual member.
- Bike/Wheel Exchange Program: For athletes that do not currently own a bike that was purchased at Playtri, Playtri will do a trade on 1 bike that you will use for racing.
- Bike Maintenance: Athletes will receive free Race Ready tune-up services on their Playtri race bike only. Any required parts will be at the discounted rate of 15% for silver and 20% for gold. Athletes are responsible for any additional labor charges.
- Apparel Kit: Team will receive racing kits. The kits are at the discretion of Playtri but may include bike jerseys, jacket,visor/hat, race belt, race suit and more.
- Club Membership & Swim Analysis: Athletes will receive a free membership to the Playtri Club for unlimited access to club events and workouts.
- Race Fees: Athletes will receive free race entries for the following races:
- It Takes Two Run Race
- Luck of the Irish
- Playtri Festival
- Stonebridge Tri
- Kid's Races: The children of Team Athletes will receive free entry to Playtri-owned kid's races provided that the Athlete volunteers at 1 additional Playtri-sponsored race per child entry in addition to the 2 required volunteer activities for team membership.
- Playtri Facilities: Free use of Playtri Facilities for workouts.
- OWS:A coached and fully supported OWS each week during the season (April-Sept)
- Workouts: Access to Playtri’s group training & free workouts. Indoor Computrainer and Spin Class workout opportunities during the off-season
- Social: Monthly Workout & Group Social with store teammates. Quarterly Team Socials around DFW. End of Year Celebration with awards!!!
* Requirements and benefits that appear on this site may be updated as required for sponsor obligations and clarity. Please refer to your Official Team Agreement for complete details on Team Requirements and Benefits.