- Performance Center
- Playtri Store
- Adult Triathlons
- Historic McKinney Kiwanis Sprint March 23rd
- KING TUT Sprint & My First April 13th
- Playtri Festival Races May 31-June 1
- Dirty Rock Off-Road August 2nd, 2014
- TollTag Sprint July 27th
- Rockwall Kiwanis Tri-Rock Sprint Aug 3rd
- Take on the Heat Aug 17th
- Denison Red River Rampage Sept 20th - 21st
- Stonebridge Ranch Sprint and Olympic Sept 28th
- Esprit De She Oct 26th
- US Open Triathlon Oct 12th
- Youth Triathlons
- Run Races
- Swim Across America June 7th
- Race Sponsors
- Race Production Services
- Official Charity Partner
- Adult Triathlons
Take on the Heat Triathlon
Take on the Heat Triathlon benefiting The Colony Firefighter’s Association.
Sunday, August 17, 2014 at 7:00am. Transition will open at 5:30am.
Lewisville ISD Aquatic Center
5729 Memorial Dr
The Colony, TX 75056
Sprint: 350 meter pool swim – 9 mile bike – 5k run
Bike Course Map(2 loops)
Run Course Map
The course officially closes at 11am for all participants.
Special Challenge to Firefighters, Police, and EMT. If you are a policeman, firefighter or EMT, we have a special awards category. We will go 3 deep and the department with the most participants will also receive a special award. Come see who the best of the best is!
Group Training Program for the Take on the Heat Triathlon
Join our 8 week training program that kicks off June 23rd and experience the contagious energy of training with people all sharing the same goals and challenges! Training with our group has endless benefits: a structured program, safe and trusted training routes, opportunities to meet new friends, not to mention coached workouts! Accountability is also a huge perk as most athletes find they will go the "extra mile" when they are not alone.
Pre-register by Wednesday August 14th at email@example.com and get a 30 minute Consultation with a Playtri Coach free during packet pickup hours at the Playtri Store only. This is your opportunity to meet with a Playtri Coach and get advice on any topic. A schedule will be sent out to registrants a week prior to pick a time slot.
No Refunds or Transfers allowed.
Packet Pickup / Late Registration
Wednesday, August 13th 11:00am-7:00pm
Rockwall Cycling - 972-771-8297
939 East I-30
Rockwall, TX 75032
Thursday, August 14th 11:00am-7:00pm
Playtri Store - 214-370-9010
6465 E Mockingbird Lane, Ste. 350
Dallas, TX 75218
Friday, August 15th from 11:00am-7:00pm
Playtri Colleyville Store - 817-251-0612
7171 Colleyville Blvd
Colleyville, TX 76034
Saturday August 16th from 9:00am-5:00pm
Playtri Mckinney Store - 469-342-6776
7951 Collin McKinney Pkwy (Corner of Weiskopf Ave & Collin David North)
McKinney, TX 75070
Race morning pick up is available from 5 - 6am for an additional $10.
Race Updates and Reminders
All last-minute updates and reminders will be posted on the Playtri Facebook page - please like us on Facebook so you get all the up-to-date information!
The Take on the Heat Triathlon is a USAT sanctioned event. All participants must be a current annual member of USAT or purchase a one day permit for $12 or a $45 annual membership through online registration or at packet pick up.
All established USAT rules will be in effect and will be strictly enforced. You must show your USAT member card and your photo ID at packet pick up - no exceptions. Friends and family will not be allowed to pick up anyone's packet. If you are an annual USAT member and do not bring your member card to packet pick up, you must buy a $12 one day membership or a $45 annual membership
Athena and Clydesdale Rule Change - 3.2 Age Group Competition
- a. All age group athletes must participate and compete in the age group division corresponding to the athlete's age on December 31 of the year of the event.
- b. Weight Class Division - In events where a weight class division is offered, the minimum weight shall be 220 pounds for men and 165 pounds for women, monitored by the event organizer. The weight class age categories for men and women shall be 39 years of age and under and 40 years of age and over. Participants are not eligible to compete in a weight class division and in an age group division at the same event.
- Top 3 Overall Male and Female.
- Top 3 Overall Male and Female - The Challenge.
- Top Overall Masters male and female.
- Top Overall Grand Masters Male and Female
- Age Group / Weight Class awards will be 3 deep for both Male and Female.
- Overall Participation – EMT/Firefighter/Police – The Challenge
All proceeds will benefit The Colony Firefighter’s Association.
On-Site Camping Information
Click Here for Camping and Pricing Information
Get a 5% Playtri Discount when renting a car Click Here
Many volunteers from numerous North Texas civic organizations are committed to make your race a safe and memorable experience.
Weather / Water Temp
Average temperature on race day: low 75 - high 95.
For safety reasons, Playtri reserves the right to modify or cancel a race due to severe weather conditions. When severe weather is present, all precautions will be made to ensure the safety of the athletes.
Chip Timing by Run-Far
This is a chip timed event. Each participant will be required to wear a timing chip in order to be counted in the results. Timing chips are assigned to participants according to bib number. Please pick up your timing chip the morning of the race at the chip timing station beginning an hour before race start. ALL TIMING CHIPS SHOULD BE RETURNED AFTER YOU CROSS THE FINISH LINE. A $30.00 fee will be charged to the participant if the timing chip is not returned. Awards are based on chip times.
If you are interested in being a volunteer for this race please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions or need any additional information, email us at email@example.com, or call us at (214) 697-6922.
By Registering for this event, Ali Zaher Enterprises LLC, has consent to all Race photography and videos from the event to use in any advertising, marketing & promotional materials