- Performance Center
- Playtri Store
- Adult Triathlons
- Youth Triathlons
- Run Races
- Swim Across America June 7th
- Race Sponsors
- Race Production Services
Morgan - Head Youth/Juniors Coach
- USA Triathlon Certified Coach, Level 1 and Youth & Juniors
- USA Cycling Certified Coach, Level 3
- USAT High Performance Team Coach
- Playtri Level 3 Coach and Level 3 Youth and Juniors Coach
- Playtri Certified Expert Run and Swim Coach
- Expert Author for the USA Triathlon Multisport Lab Online Publication
- USA Triathlon SMW Region Council Member and Collegiate Committee Chairperson
- Too Much of a Good Thing: Recovery for Age Groupers - USA Triathlon Multisport Lab
- Strengthen Your Swim with Targeted Strength Training - USA Triathlon Multisport Lab
- The Right Kick for Your Swim - USA Triathlon Multisport Lab
- Strength Training for New Triathletes - USA Triathlon Multisport Lab
- Finding Your Balance on the Bike - USA Triathlon Magazine and USAT Multisport Lab
- Bad Day, Good Day - Making the Switch - USA Triathlon Multisport Lab
- So Your Finished Your First Triathlon - USA Triathlon Multisport Lab
- Your Young Triathlete's Best Transition - USA Triathlon Multisport Lab
Morgan has been competing in triathlons for 5 years, and began competitive swimming at age 5, and competitive running at age 11. She has completed multiple 70.3 distance races, earned a national title and competed with Team USA at the ITU Age Group Short Course World Championship in Beijing in 2011. Since she began coaching just 4 years ago she has become the youngest USA Triathlon High Performance Team Coach in the country, and has helped hundreds if not thousands of athletes (ages 6-60!) reach their goals for the sport. In addition, she has worked with literally thousands of youth and junior athletes (both age group and elite), including many who are nationally competitive.
Her passion is youth and junior athletes, and a background in education has helped her immensely in working with younger triathletes. She is the founder of the Playtri Youth and Junior Programs, which she introduced in late 2010.
Morgan's coaching philosophy is to use the available research and science, but to remain flexible, remembering that each athlete is an individual with individual goals. She enjoys working with beginners and elites alike, and likes the different challenges that each group present.
Her favorite colors are blue and yellow.
"We are so enjoying Playtri and honestly, I think the exercise is boosting the kids’ immune system. I never thought in a million years we would find a sport that did not require forced participation. THANK YOU!!" -Sarah Maxwell, Dallas, TX
"If any of your kids have any interest in triathlons I highly recommend hiring Playtri’s Lead Developmental Coach Morgan Johnson. Morgan provided [my daughter] Jamie with an individual training plan as well as group practices and clinics in order to prepare her for her first tri. Morgan was instrumental in Jamie’s success in the race as well as imparting her enthusiasm towards triathlons and training on Jamie." -James Rose, Dallas, TX
"I couldn't have got here without you coach, you've given me so much knowledge, advice, and training that allowed me to perform at a national level. Thanks for being an awesome coach and pushing me as hard as you have!" -Grant Jarvis, Texarkana, TX, after his first Youth Elite National Championship